Creating an Algorand Wallet
To get started, you will need to set up an Algorand-compatible wallet. There are several Algorand wallets available to use with Pact. These include:
Use of Hardware Wallets
In the example below, we will set up an Algorand wallet using My Algo wallet. This walkthrough covers the initial setup process and connecting your wallet to Pact.
3. Read and accept the Terms of Service.
4. Create a password of your choice. You will need this password every time you access My Algo from this device.
5. In the My Algo dashboard, click 'New Wallet'.
- Scroll over the tiles to reveal each section of your mnemonic phrase.
- Write down and back up your 25 words in the correct order.
- Do not share these words with anyone! These words can be used to steal your funds.
7. Once written down and stored securely, click 'Continue'.
8. Verify the phrase you've just recorded and give your wallet a name. Then click 'Create wallet'.
You are now ready to use your new wallet!